If you are facing the AOL mail service error while composing or receiving an email, signing into your account, and browsing your mail mailbox, this guide will come in handy.
The following guide explains ways to deal with the AOL mail error messages along with other essentials. Let’s check them all out right here:
AOL Mail Service Error: Main Causes
- Cookies and caches in your web browser can cause the AOL mail error.
- If you have not updated the mailbox connection for a very long, you can encounter an AOL mail service error GAH message.
- An outdated browser can also lead to AOL mail errors.
- Slow or no internet connection can also cause the problem.
- Composing an email to an incorrect email address can bounce your mail back to the Outbox and show an AOL error message.
So, due to all the aforementioned factors, you can receive an AOL mail service error. However, you can easily fix the issue using the troubleshooting methods mentioned below in this guide. Let us first go through symptoms that will tell you if you are actually facing an AOL mail service error.
AOL Mail Service Error: Symptoms
- You may not be able to send any email messages from your AOL mail account.
- You will receive no new email messages.
- The AOL mail homepage will be crashed.
- You will be bounced back to the login page.
- You cannot attach any file to while composing an email message.
If you are experiencing one or more of the aforementioned symptoms, it’s time to fix this issue on your own. Here’s how you can do that.
Turn On the Protected Mode option
If any malicious website is stopping you from accessing your AOL account then, just enable the Protected mode feature in your internet explorer.
- Head to the ‘Internet Options’ from the ‘Tools’ menu options.
- Select the ‘Security’ tab and choose the ‘Internet’ icon.
- There will be a tab of ‘Enable Protected Mode’, drop down it.
- Locate and click on the ‘Trusted sites’ icon.
- Further, hit on the ‘Enable Protected Mode’ feature to turn it on.
- At last, reboot your Internet Explorer program and log into the AOL account without an AOL mail account error.
Reset Internet Browser Settings
Change or reset the browser security settings that are causing the ‘AOL mail error loading message’. Follow the steps mentioned below and adjust the settings.
- Open Google Chrome on your system.
- Navigate to the top-right corner and click on the ‘More’.
- Select the ‘Privacy and Security’ from the ‘Settings’ menu options.
- On the Privacy and Security settings window, you will see several browser settings. Select the one you want to remove and click on the Toggle next to its entry and turn it off.
- Go back to the menu options and select the ‘Site settings’ to manage the ‘Content and permissions’ for any website.
- Now, delete or clear the following ‘Browsing activity’ by visiting their specific sections:
- Saved passwords
- After you finish clearing the aforementioned things, click on the ‘Clear browsing data’.
- To manage ‘Cookies and tracking’, tap on the ‘Cookies’.
- Check the box next to ‘Secure and safe browsing and protection’ and complete the process by clicking on the ‘Ok’ or ‘Save’ option.
Once the security issues in the internet browser are fixed, you will see that the AOL mail service error will also be fixed.
Add AOL to the Trusted Websites List
On adding the AOL Mail Login page to the Trusted websites of the current internet browser, you will not face any AOL mail login error messages. Follow the enlisted steps and add the AOL page to trusted sites:
- Open the Internet Explorer application and locate the ‘Tools’.
- Choose the ‘Internet Options’ from the Tools menu.
- Select the ‘Security tab’ and choose the ‘Trusted sites zone’ option.
- Click on the ‘Sites’ tab and locate the ‘Add this website to the zone’.
- Under the same, type ‘https://*.aol.com.’ and click on the ‘Add’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Add’ and ‘OK’ tabs one by one and exit from the ‘Internet Explorer’.
Once the steps are applied as planned, restart your system without any AOL mail unexpected error.
Start the Internet Explorer Browser in No Add-ons Mode
At times, even the useless browser Add-ons also block your way to access your AOL account. In such a case, we will start the internet browser without Add-ons. Here are the steps that will come in handy:
- Start your operating system and choose the ‘All Programs’ from the Start menu options.
- Click on the ‘Accessories’ and expand its options.
- Choose the ‘System Tools’ from the given options.
- Locate ‘Internet Explorer’ and right-click on it.
- Choose the option of ‘Start it with No Add-ons’ and fix the AOL mail server error easily.
Update the Saved AOL Mail Page Bookmark
The URL for the AOL mail login page has been changed concerning time. If you have bookmarked the login page for a long time and have not updated the saved bookmark even after it is changed, you may face an ‘AOL mail error loading message’ while signing to your account.
- Head to the Google Chrome web browser and open the AOL mail login page.
- Navigate towards the ‘Start’ icon at the end of the URL bar and click on it.
- Find the recently added bookmark by clicking on the ‘Three-dots’ in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Bookmarks’ from the shown options.
- On the left side of the tab, all the saved bookmarks will be shown, find the recently added on and open it.
- Now, you will see that the AOL mail login page is working even faster. For future access, you can click on the ‘Show Bookmarks Bar’ from the above options.
After applying these steps on your browser, not only will the AOL mail unexpected error be fixed but the page will work even faster.
Fix AOL Mail Service Error GAH
You may receive two types (mentioned below) of error message while encountering AOL mail service error GAH on your system.
- “GAH Error 1111”
- “GAH Error ERR100/ ERR101/ ERR125/ ERR136/ ERR140”
To deal with both the AOL mail error messages, we have presented different methods. Follow the quick fixes as per the message you are seeing on your system while opening the AOL account.
Quick Fixes for AOL Mail Error 1111
Change Your AOL Password
In order to fix this error, follow the steps, and change your AOL password:
- Head to the AOL Sign In page and move to the ‘Account Security Page’.
- Select the ‘Change Password’ tan and open the window.
- Enter the ‘Current AOL Password’ and then, type down the ‘New Password’ twice.
- Hit the option of ‘Continue’ and ‘Save Changed Password’ to apply the changes.
- Drive back the Log In section to start your email account without an AOL mail error 1111 and sign back into your account with new credentials.
Delete the Current Web Browser’s Caches
Another quick way to deal with the AOL mail service error code 1111 is, clear your browser’s cache. Turn Off the ‘Sync’ button while applying the enlisted steps.
- Open Edge or other internet browser and go to the ‘Settings’.
- From the further given options, choose the ‘More Settings’ and select the ‘Privacy, search, and services’.
- Select what all you want to clear from the ‘Clear browsing data’ options.
- Then, select the ‘Range’ of the time. Drop down the ‘From’ and ‘To’ tabs and select the dates.
- Select the concerned tabs such as ‘History’, ‘Cookies’, ‘Passwords’, and more and hit the option of ‘Clear’.
Once the caches are cleaned, you may access the login page and sign in to your account without receiving the AOL mail error 1111 message.
Quick Fixes for AOL Mail Error 2
Update the Microsoft Edge
Apply the enlisted steps and update the web browser you are using and stop an AOL mail service error from occurring.
- Open Edge or other internet browser and go to the ‘Three horizontal dots’ in the top-right corner.
- Locate the ‘Help and Feedback’ option and click on it.
- From the drop-down options of Help, navigate towards the ‘About Microsoft Edge’.
- Under the ‘Microsoft Edge’ symbol, check the current version you are using.
- If any latest updates are available, click on it and start the updating process.
- Wait until the process finishes and then click on the ‘Restart’ button on the right.
Once the browser is updated, it will support all types of websites. Try to access the AOL mail login again and confirm that the AOL mail service error has been fixed.
Reinstall Your Browser
At times, inappropriately installed web browsers lead you to several errors such as AOL mail error. In such a case, you must uninstall the browser and reinstall it again.
- Open the system and go to the Drive.
- Open the ‘Applications Tools’ window and navigate towards the ‘Microsoft Edge’.
- Right-click on the ‘MS Edge’ and choose the option of ‘Delete’. Once the browser is deleted, refresh the window for once.
- Open another browser installed on your system and open it to visit the official website of Microsoft Edge.
- Locate the option of ‘Download browser for Windows’ and hit on it.
- Once it is downloaded, install it and run the program to make it ready to use.
- Open the reinstalled MS Edge browser and head to the AOL Sign In page to browse the emails without facing any AOL mail error message.
We hope all the information mentioned in this guide helped you fix the AOL mail service error. You can contact our representatives also in case of any query regarding the guide above.