Are you looking for a GMX email account setup guide? To add your GMX account on any device, you will have to configure the correct GMX mail settings. If you are not familiar with the complete confirmation process, this guide will come in handy. We have comprehended all the GMX mail server settings for Windows Mail App, iPhone and Outlook.
Besides, you will also learn about GMX mail IMAP settings, GMX POP mail settings, and GMX mail SMTP settings.
GMX Mail Settings on Windows Mail App
If you want to synchronize your GMX mail account with the Windows Mail App on Windows, follow the steps mentioned below and configure the right GMX mail settings in the Windows system.
Note: This GMX mail setup will be covering steps as per Account Type: IMAP.
- Open the Windows Mail App on your system and navigate towards the lower-right of the screen to click on the ‘Settings’.
- Choose the ‘Accounts’ option from the Settings menu options and then, hit on the ‘Add an account’ tab.
- Then, you will have to look for the ‘GMX Mail’ option in the ‘Email Provider’s list’. If you do not find it, you will have to click on the ‘Other’ accounts.
- Choose the type of your GMX account by clicking on the ‘IMAP’ amongst the given options.
- After clicking on the ‘Login Information’ and providing the ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’, select the ‘Connect’ option.
- Now go back to the ‘Accounts’ options and click on the ‘Show more details’ option.
- You will be driven to the ‘GMX mail server settings’ page, enter the following details in their respective tabs.
|Incoming IMAP Server Hostname||imap.gmx.com|
- Now, for your GMX incoming mail server connection, check the box before the ‘SSL’ option.
- Then, move towards the GMX Email SMTP Settings and enter the following details in their respective tabs.
|Outgoing IMAP Server Hostname||mail.gmx.com|
- Unlike the incoming server, do not select the SSL option for your GMX outgoing mail server connection.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ option and let your Windows device configure all the GMX mail settings you have entered.
After applying the aforementioned steps, your GMX email account will be set up on your Windows system. To access your account, you can just open the Windows Mail App and enter the GMX Mail Login details, if needed.
Note: In case you prefer POP server type for your GMX email account, drop a comment and our representatives will get back to you with the detailed configuration method of GMX email POP settings.
GMX Mail Settings on Outlook
Set up your GMX email account with Outlook and browse emails of both the accounts at one place. Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how you can configure the GMX mail settings for Outlook through POP3 server.
- Click on the ‘File’ option on your Outlook profile and drop down the menu options.
- Click on the ‘Add Account’ from the submenu and start adding your GMX account.
- Firstly, select how you want to add your GMX email account on your Outlook profile by selecting the ‘Manual configuration of server settings for GMX account’.
- Click on the ‘Next’ and land on the next screen.
- Choose ‘Internet Email’ option and proceed by clicking on the ‘Next’ option again.
- Here, enter the following details as your ‘GMX login information’ and complete the first phase of setup.
- GMX email address
- Submit the details and select the POP3 option as per the server type of your GMX email account.
- Enter ‘pop.gmx.com’ in the incoming server hostname.
- Then, move towards the ‘outgoing server’ and enter ‘mail.gmx.com’ in it.
- You must check the box next to ‘My GMX server requires login information’. Then, provide the Email address and Password.
- Make sure you uncheck the box that reads, ‘Test Account Settings’ and then clicks on the ‘Next’ button.
- Select the ‘More Settings’ option and click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab.
- Enter ‘995’ in the ‘Incoming Server hostname’ and select the ‘SSL’ option as an encrypted connection type.
- Then, enter the ‘587’ in the Outgoing server hostname’.
- Select the ‘TLS’ option as an encrypted connection type.
- Check the box before the ‘Leave a copy of messages on the server’ if you want to keep the copy of your emails on the POP3 server.
- After entering the correct GMX mail settings as per mentioned in the above steps, click on the Finish button and complete the setup.
Now, reboot your Outlook version and confirm that the GMX mail account is configured successfully. Now enjoy emailing from both the accounts at one place.
GMX Mail Settings on iPhone
- Choose the ‘Settings’ tab to open the window on your iPhone device.
- Scroll the screen to select the ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’ option.
- Here you will see the accounts that you have already configured on your iPhone device.
- Ignore the rest and click on the ‘Add account’ option.
- Then, choose the ‘Other’ option and again click on the ‘Add Mail Account’ to confirm your choice.
- Now, under the ‘Add Mail Account’, you will have to enter several details of your GMX account. Here are they:
|GMX Mail Address|
- Enter ‘GMX Mail Account’ in the ‘Description’ box.
- After entering the login details, click on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Now, go back to your GMX account and choose IMAP as the server type of your GMX mail account.
- On the next screen, under the incoming mail server section, you will have to enter the enlisted information:
|Username||GMX Email Address|
Step 11: Under the outgoing mail server section, you will have to enter the enlisted information:
|Username||GMX Email Address|
- Click on the ‘Save’ button and move towards the ‘Accounts’ section.
- Select your GMX email address and land on the next screen.
- Again click on the ‘Outgoing mail server’ and select ‘SMTP’ option.
- Now, click on the outgoing server that is ‘smtp.gmx.com’ and enter the following details:
- Do not check the box before the ‘SSL’ encrypted connection.
- Enter ’25’ as the ‘Server port value’ for the outgoing mail server.
- Tap on the ‘Done’ option and save the settings you have applied.
- Now, go back to the previous screen and select your GMX account again.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ option and ensure that the enlisted details are entered.
- Incoming Connection: SSL
- Server port hostname: imap.gmx.com
- Now, let the iPhone device configure the entered GMX mail server settings and click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- At last, exit from the current screen by clicking on the ‘Done’ option in the upper-right corner of the iPhone screen.
Congratulations! By following the easy-to-executive steps mentioned above your GMX email account will be set up.
By the end of the article, you will learn how to configure the GMX mail settings on several devices such as Outlook, Windows Mail App, and iPhone. In case, you came across any doubt regarding how to set up your GMX account, leave a comment and get your queries resolved in no time.