Do you want to set up your Frontier email account on several devices and are looking for an accurate method? In order to set up your email account on any device, you just need to do the correct Frontier mail settings. And this article has everything that you must know to set up a Frontier email account.
Stick to the quick guide and learn what are the Frontier mail settings for Outlook, Windows, and iPhone.
Frontier Mail Settings for Outlook
Read and implement the steps mentioned below and configure the correct Frontier email settings for Outlook express.
Note: The below-mentioned steps are applicable to Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Start Outlook on a device where you want to use Outlook and Frontier email accounts together.
- Click on the ‘File’ and drop down the options to further click on the ‘Info’.
- Choose the option of ‘Add Account’ and check the box that reads ‘Manually configure server settings’.
- Select the ‘Next’ and check the box that reads ‘Internet Email’.
Note: For those who are using Outlook 2011 can reach to the ‘User Information’ by following the below-mentioned clicks:
Start Outlook 2011 > Menu bar options > Preferences > Accounts > Add Account (+) > Email > User Information.
- Click on the ‘Next’ and land on the ‘User Information’ window. Here, fill in the window with the following information:
- Your Name
- Frontier email address
- Enter the password to verify your identity and locate the ‘Server Information’ section.
- Choose ‘POP3 as the Frontier Account Type’ and enter the following details:
- Pop3.frontier.com as Incoming Mail Server
- Smtp.frontier.com as Outgoing Mail Server
- Set your Username by entering the Email address and enter the password in the required field under the ‘Login Information’.
- Click on the ‘More Settings’ and select the ‘General’ tab.
- Check the box that reads ‘My Frontier Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication and proceed.
- Now agree to the ‘Use the same settings as above-mentioned server settings’ option.
- Now, go back to your ‘Frontier Outlook account’ and click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ tab.
- Before selecting ‘SSL’ as an Encrypted connection and 995 as the Incoming mail server.
- Enter ‘465’ as the Outgoing mail server after setting ‘SSL’ as the server encrypted connection.
- Once you enter the correct Frontier mail settings outlook express, click on the ‘OK’.
- Let your device verify the account settings you have configured, click on the ‘Next’.
Click on the ‘Finish’ tab and complete the procedure of configuring Frontier com mail settings on your Outlook program. Now, access both the accounts at one place at the same time.
Frontier Mail Settings for iPhone
This section will walk you through the correct Frontier mail settings for iPhone. Read and apply one by one to set up your Frontier email account.
- Reach out to the ‘Add Account’ section by clicking on the ‘Settings’ and ‘Passwords & accounts’ respectively.
- Now, click on the ‘Other’ tab if you do not find the ‘Frontier emails’ in the ‘Email Providers’ list’.
- Now, to add your Frontier email account on iPhone, click on the ‘Add mail account’.
- Them, type down the following Frontier mail settings in the concerned tabs:
- Full Name as ‘Frontier Display Name’.
- Email Address as ‘Frontier Email’.
- Email Password ‘Frontier password’.
- Now, write anything regarding your email account in the ‘Description’ box.
- Then, drop down the ‘Account Type’ option and select the ‘POP3’.
- Now, on the ‘Incoming mail server’ page, enter the pop3.frontier.com as the incoming server hostname.
- For the authentication process, enter the correct Frontier email address and Password.
- Jump to the ‘Outgoing mail server’ box and enter the enlisted details for incoming and outgoing email services.
- smtp.frontier.com as the outgoing hostname.
- Enter email address
- Click on the ‘Next’ option to proceed towards setting your account.
- Select the ‘Save’ after clicking the ‘Email’ box.
- Now, the initial process of setting will be completed. Complete the rest of the part by clicking on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Turn On the incoming server and enter 995 as the port number. Provide the email password, if asked.
- Select the ‘Outgoing server – smtp.frontier.com’ tab and enter the following entries.
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 465
- Turn On SSL
- Let the device verify the settings you have mentioned and then, click on the ‘Done’ button.
Congratulations, after configuring the correct Frontier POP settings your account will be set up. Reboot your iPhone device for better performance.
Frontier Mail Settings for Windows Live Mail
Follow the quick steps and configure the correct Frontier.com mail server setting to set up your Frontier email account in Microsoft Windows Live Mail.
- Start the Windows system and open the Windows Live Mail program from the application menu.
- Locate the ‘Add Email Account’ option and click on it.
- Enter your First and Last Name as your ‘Username’ in the first tab.
- Enter the ‘FrontierNet email address’ in the second tab.
- Provide your ‘Password’ in the following tab and click on the ‘Next’.
- Choose the ‘POP3’ as the ‘Frontier Mail Server’ and a window will pop up on the screen.
- On the ‘POP3 – Frontier mail server’ window, enter the Frontier mail pop3 settings as follows:
- pop3.frontier.com as the Frontier Incoming server hostname.
- smtp.frontier.com as the Frontier Outgoing server hostname.
- Now, enter the Frontier email address and password and click on the ‘Continue’ tab.
- Tick on the box that reads ‘My server requires authentication’.
- Hit the ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ tabs consecutively.
- Go back and click on your ‘Frontier Email Account’.
- Choose the option of ‘Properties’ and locate the ‘Servers’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and enter ‘465’ as the ‘outgoing mail server type’.
- Tick on the ‘This server needs a secure connection’ and set SSL.
- Enter ‘995’ as the ‘incoming mail server type’.
- Again check the box that reads ‘This server needs a secure connection’ and set SSL.
After following the aforementioned steps, click on the ‘OK’ button and close the window. Now, your Frontier email account is ready for use.