Changing a password of the Verizon wireless network can make your internet services more secure, thereby allowing you to enjoy lightning-fast speeds without any hustle. However, for users who have not yet changed the password, the entire process can look slightly complicated. This is why we bring to you this useful guide on “how to change Verizon WiFi password?” so that you can change the password on your own without facing any difficulty.
Don’t let these petty queries such as “how to change my Verizon WiFi password?” bring you down anymore. Go through the following guide and answer your question at the snap of the fingers. Here we go:
Change Verizon WiFi Password Using a Web Browser?
You must go through the following instructions to change Verizon’s WiFi password using the Web Browser.
Note: You must have a reliable internet connection.
- Start your operating system and navigate towards the ‘Start’ button on the screen. Click on it.
- Scroll down the options and double-click on the ‘Google Chrome’ to open it.
You can also use any other compatible browser for the “How to Change Verizon WiFi Password?” procedure.
- Once the web browser is open, go to the ‘Address bar’ or ‘URL’ box and enter the IP address (find it on the back of the router).
- Here, you will be asked to enter the ‘Verizon login credentials’. Enter the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ to access your Verizon WiFi account.
- On the Verizon account homepage, navigate towards the ‘Wireless Settings’ tab and click on it to expand its options.
- From the listed options, click on the ‘Security’ option. Select the ‘Change Password’ option.
- Here, you might get asked to enter the current password. Enter it and then, type down the ‘New password’ two times.
- Now to save the changes you made, click on the ‘Save’ button and exit.
After following the steps mentioned above, you will find the answer to your “how to change my Verizon WiFi password?” question.
How to Change Verizon Fios WiFi Password Using My Verizon?
You can follow this method and learn how to change Verizon Fios WiFi password only if you have a Verizon Fios Advanced modem or Fios Quantum Gateway.
- Open one of the applications as mentioned above on your system and log in to your account by providing the correct Verizon wireless username and password.
- Once the account is open, hover your cursor over Services and drop down its options.
- From the given options, click on the ‘Internet’ and open its window.
- In the ‘Internet’ window, navigate toward the ‘My Network,’ and under the same, there will be a wireless network, select it.
- Choose the option of ‘Manage’. Here, you will be allowed to change the Verizon wireless password.
Note: In case you have disabled the ‘WiFi access,’ make sure you ‘Enable the WiFi Access’ immediately. Otherwise, the Manage Network option will not be accessible to you.
- Now, choose the ‘Password’ section and enter your ‘New Password’ and hit the option of ‘Save Changes.’
If you do not have a Verizon Fios application on your system or device and are looking for a method to learn how to change your Verizon WiFi name and password manually, then you must follow this method.
After executing these particular steps of how to change your Verizon WiFi name and password procedure, your wireless login credentials will be successfully changed.
Change Verizon WiFi Password in The Modem Manually
- Start your system (Windows or Mac) and navigate towards the ‘Windows’ or ‘Mac’ menu button on the screen and extend the ‘All programs’ option.
- Scroll down the list and choose any compatible web browser and open it.
- On the web browser, click on the ‘Address bar’ or ‘URL’ box and type out the IP address.
Note: Find the IP Address of your Verizon wireless network on the back of the router. If you cannot find it, just copy ‘192.168.1.1’ and paste it in the address bar.
- Enter your ‘Verizon modem Username and Password.’ Your username name will be the ‘Admin’ name, and the ‘Default Password’ can be found on the Verizon router label.
In case you have changed the Verizon router password earlier as well. You cannot remember it, retrieve the password to the factory default settings by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Find out the ‘Reset button’ on the back of the Verizon modem.
- Turn the modem on with the help of the ‘Power’ button. Hold it along with the ‘Reset button’ for at least 20 seconds.
- Wait until the Verizon router is ready and has been reset successfully. Once the settings are reset switch on your router again.
Note: Make sure that these steps will wipe out all your personalized settings in the Verizon wireless router.
- Choose the ‘Change Password’ tab and follow the instructions prompted on the screen and change your Verizon WiFi network name or password.
Change Verizon Fios WiFi Password Using Fios App
Those who do not have the Fios application on their device can download the Fios application with a few easy steps mentioned in this section..
- Start the system and or mobile and photo and navigate towards the following as per your device:
- If you are using an ‘Android Phone,’ go to the ‘Play Store.’
- If you are using an Apple device, go to the ‘Apple Store.’
- Using a computer or laptop, go to any internet browser.
- Click on the ‘Search bar’ and enter the ‘My Verizon Fios Application’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Select the ‘My Verizon Fios app’ from the best results
- Navigate towards the ‘Download’ or ‘Install’ and click on it to start the installation process.
- Once the application is downloaded on your respective device, click on it and open the app.
- The ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Up’ options will prompt on your screen as you already have an account for Verizon wireless network, click on the ‘Sign In’ and log into the account with the help of your credentials.
- On the homepage of your account, navigate towards the ‘Internet’ and click on it.
- Choose ‘My Networks’ and select the ‘Network’ option.
- Dropdown its options and choose the ‘Edit’ to change your WiFi password.
- In the following tab, enter your ‘New Verizon password’ or other credentials like username if you want to and hit the ‘Save’ button.
Changing Verizon’s WiFi password regularly is a good practice as it reduces your risks of exposures and avoids a number of dangers. The aforementioned guide on “how to change Verizon Fios WiFi password?” will come in handy in that regard. If you have got some queries, drop a comment below for an instant response from our experts.