Bought a new Spectrum wireless network? The very first thing you should do is change the Spectrum WiFi username and password. This will not only make it easier for you to remember your login credentials but also secure your internet connection. If you are not aware of how to change Spectrum WiFi password, this guide will come in handy.
There are various ways to change your WiFi network name and password, depending on the type of equipment or WiFi service you have with Spectrum. This article comprises all those answers to your how to change Spectrum WiFi password questions.
Before we take you through the process of how to change WiFi password on Spectrum, let’s explore why we must change it.
Why Change Spectrum WiFi Password?
One of the best security tips is to change your Spectrum WiFi password regularly. If you change your WiFi password, the risk of exposure and many other dangers gets reduced. Below are some of the reasons why you must change the Spectrum WiFi Password.
- We often let others access our wireless internet connection by providing them the WiFi password and then, later on, realize that a surprising number of individuals are using and exceeding your limit. In this state, you must take instant action by changing your WiFi password for Spectrum.
- According to the survey, more than 85% of the hacking is done due to weak and stolen passwords. If you think, your Spectrum WiFi password can be guessed by someone, change it before they hack your access.
- Prevent frequent access by changing the Spectrum WiFi password into a strong one.
Now, follow the upcoming section of how to change Spectrum WiFi password and make sure that your new password is made of the below-mentioned things:
- A strong password must contain capital letters, small letters, and numbers.
- It should not be relevant to your WiFi Username, your name, or date of birth.
- Create a password consisting of eight to sixteen characters.
- No same character (letter, number, or symbol) should be repeated three times consecutively.
Go through the process of how to change WiFi password on Spectrum and secure your wireless internet connection.
How to Change Spectrum WiFi Password on Windows 10?
To change the WiFi password, you must find its name and password. In case you do not know how to find the password, read, and implement the following instructions and then learn how to change WiFi name and password on Spectrum.
If your operating system is connected to your Spectrum WiFi network then, you will be able to find details of WiFi on your screen only.
Find Spectrum WiFi Username and Password On Windows 10
- Before starting with the method, kindly ensure that you have access to a strong wireless network.
- On the home screen of the Windows 10, navigate towards the ‘lower-right’ corner and in the ‘Taskbar’, find the ‘WiFi’ icon and right-click on it
- A folder of ‘Network and Sharing Center’ will open on your screen.
- On the same Window, navigate towards the ‘Connections’. On its next side, you will be able to select the ‘Name’ of your ‘WiFi network’, select it.
- Now, select the option of ‘Wireless Properties’ and drop down its options.
- From the listed options, click on the ‘Security’ tab.
- Now, under the ‘Network Security Key’ section, you will be able to see your Spectrum Username and Password.
- Click on the ‘Show Characters’ near the Network Security tab to read your password.
Now, follow the below-mentioned steps and learn how to change WiFi name and password Spectrum on Windows 10.
- Start the Windows 10 system and sign in to the ‘Spectrum.net’ via any web browser by providing the Spectrum WiFi username and password.
- Where you are on the home page, navigate towards the ‘Settings’ section and open it.
- From the expanded options, click on the ‘Sign-In and Security Info’ section.
- Choose the ‘Manage’ tab and hit the option of ‘Update your password info’.
- In the following option, select the ‘Change’ and enter the ‘New Password’ twice a time.
- To apply changes you made, click on the ‘Save’ option.
Once you finish applying all the steps mentioned above, your Spectrum WiFi password on Windows 10 will be successfully changed.
How to Change Spectrum WiFi Password On Windows 8?
If you access Spectrum WiFi login on your Windows 8 and now looking for a process of how to change WiFi password Spectrum, this method will come in handy for sure. Follow the steps one by one and change your wireless password in a jiffy.
- To change the Spectrum WiFi password, close all the tabs on Windows 10 and open any compatible web browser
- Head to the URL box and type ‘Spectrum.net’ and click on the ‘Enter’
- When the Spectrum.net homepage opens, navigate towards the ‘Spectrum Sign In’ and sign in to your router login to access your WiFi network name and password.
- Enter the correct Spectrum username and password and click on the ‘Sign In’.
- In case you do not have a Spectrum account, navigate towards the ‘Create a Username’ and follow the on-screen instructions mentioned, and create an account.
- Once you have logged in to your Spectrum router account, navigate towards the ‘Down’ arrow of blue color and click on the ‘View Information’.
- You will see that your WiFi network Name and Password on Spectrum will be displayed.
- Click on the ‘Change’ option and enter a new ‘Password’. At last, click on the ‘Save’ tab so that the new password is updated.
After following the entire process, we hope that you could not only find Spectrum WiFi Username and Password but also could learn how to change your Spectrum WiFi password.
How to Change Spectrum WiFi Password On Windows 8.1?
Although the Spectrum WiFi network name and its password can be found on the Spectrum WiFi router still, the steps to find it are mentioned in this section. This section will come in handy for those who use Windows 8.1 and also want to learn how to change WiFi password Spectrum on their Windows 8.1.
Before changing your password, find your WiFi network name and password by following the subsequent steps.
- Click on the ‘Windows’ icon of your Windows 8.1 operating system and hit the ‘Start’ icon.
- Search for ‘Network’ in the search bar, choose the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ from the shown options.
- Choose the ‘Manage Wireless Networks’ from the ‘Network’ menu to open it.
- You will see a list of all the connected/ paired wireless networks, choose the wireless network as per your concern by its name.
- Right-click on it and expand the options to choose ‘Wireless Properties’.
- From the Menu options of ‘Wireless Properties’, click on the ‘Security’ option.
- Navigate towards the ‘Network Security Key’ section, under it, read your Spectrum WiFi Username and Password.
- To note down your Spectrum WiFi password, click on the ‘Show Characters’ near the password tab.
Now, sign in with the found username and password and learn how to change Spectrum WiFi password from the enlisted steps.
- In case you have closed the web browser, open it again to head to the Spectrum website.
- Log in to your Spectrum WiFi account by providing found username and password.
- Once you are logged in, click on the ‘Services’ option.
- Select the ‘Internet’ tab and click on the ‘Arrow’ of blue color to visit the gateway.
- Under the credentials, click on the ‘More details’ and choose the option of ‘Change your WiFi password’.
- Then, Click on the ‘Edit’ tab and enter the ‘New Password’ two times
- At last, to complete changing the password for your Spectrum WiFi by selecting the ‘Save’ button.
Now, your Spectrum WiFi password must have been changed into a secure one. In case you found this method a bit difficult, read How to change password on Spectrum application?
How To Change WiFi Password On Spectrum App?
If you use the ‘My Spectrum app’ on your Android or iPhone device and want to perform how to change your Spectrum password on their mobile phone.
By following the below-mentioned steps, you will also be able to find the Spectrum WiFi network name and password.
- Open the Android mobile phone and navigate towards the ‘Application Menu’.
- Open the ‘My Spectrum app’ on your smartphone or tablet.
In case you do not have the Spectrum application on your phone download it by following the subsequent clicks:
- Go to the ‘Play Store’ and search for ‘My Spectrum’ Application.
- Choose the right option from the list and hit the option of ‘Download’.
- Once the application is downloaded, open it and click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Once the disclaimer appears, click on the ‘Run’ to start the application.
- Sign in to the Spectrum WiFi account, with the help of the router username and password.
- Navigate towards the ‘Services’ and open it.
- You will see your ‘Network name and password’ on the screen, under the same.
- To change the WiFi password, select the ‘Change/ Update’.
- Enter the ‘New WiFi password’ and hit the option of ‘Save Changes’.
After applying the aforementioned steps on the Spectrum application, your password for the wireless network will be changed. You might get disconnected from all the connected devices. Get back the internet access by logging in to your Spectrum router with a new password.
How to Change Your Spectrum WiFi Password On Mac?
If you use Macbook Air and are looking for the steps to change the Spectrum WiFi password, read below. Before jumping into the changing password steps, go through the steps to find the Spectrum WiFi name and password, and then change them.
Find Spectrum WiFi Username and Password On Mac device
- Start your Macbook and open the ‘Key-chain access’ software.
- From its menu options, navigate towards the ‘Applications and Utilities’.
- Click on the ‘Show Password’ to read the password and username for your Spectrum wireless network.
- In the next tab, enter the Macbook’s username and password and hit the option of ‘Allow’.
- In this section, you can see your WiFi username and password.
Now that you have found the username and password to access your Spectrum wireless internet connection, change the password by following a few more clicks.
How to Change WiFi Password on Mac
- Log in to your Spectrum router via any compatible internet browser on your Macbook.
- Hit on the ‘Services’ section and choose the ‘Internet’ option.
- Under your Spectrum SSID and password, click on the ‘Update’.
- After following the onscreen instructions about creating a new password, enter a ‘New password’ twice
- Click on the ‘Save Changes’ to apply the new password.
Once you have followed the appropriate clicks as mentioned in the prior section, your Spectrum wireless password will be changed. We hope after going through the article, you learned how to change Spectrum WiFi password on different devices. In case you are facing any difficulty or you are left with some doubts related to Spectrum Email Login, contact our representatives.