If you are a user of the Charter wireless network, you must keep your network safe. Changing your Charter WiFi password is an easy and efficient way of adding a high-security layer to your network. This is why we bring to you this guide that will help you learn how to change Charter WiFi password and tips to access the Charter Spectrum Network with safety. So here we go:
How to Change My Wifi Password Charter Via Web Browser
You may use any compatible browser to change the Charter WiFi password. Before implementing the below-mentioned steps, you must be linked with the Charter wireless network first. If you are not sure what the WiFi password is, you can connect directly to your router with an internet cable.
- Start your computing system and open any compatible internet browser.
- Navigate towards the ‘Address Bar’, enter the following characters, you can also copy and paste it ‘192.168.0.1’ and hit on the ‘Enter’ key.
- On this page, sign in to your Charter wireless router with the help of the correct login credentials as follows.
- Admin Username
- Land on the homepage or dashboard. Now, look through the ‘Menu options’ and click on it to open.
- In the ‘Menu Options’ choose the tab that reads, ‘Edit WiFi network’.
- The WiFi network name will be labeled with SSID, Gateway name, or Wireless Network. The password tab is likely to be named as WPA Pre-Shared Key.
- Now, if you want to update your WiFi username, click on the WiFi name and enter a new one, or if you want to change the password, click on the concerned tab.
- After confirming the password, click on the ‘Save’ and fix the changes.
By the end of the steps, you must have learned how to change Charter WiFi password and the password is also changed.
How to Change Charter WiFi Password On Windows?
If you are a Windows system user and confused with the aforementioned steps of how to change my WiFi password Charter, here are the accurate steps that are applicable to only Windows systems. Follow the enlisted steps as per your version of the Windows system and change your WiFi password.
Follow the enlisted steps to learn how to change your WiFi name and password on Charter on Windows.
- Connect yourself to a strong internet connection with the help of the Charter wireless network.
- Navigate towards the ‘Start’ button and click on the ‘Search’ option.
- Enter the ‘Network’ text and from the best search results, click on the ‘Network Settings’.
- Find the section of ‘Manage Wireless network’ and click on it to open.
Here you will find your network names
- From the provided names, click on the ‘Charter WiFi Network’ of which you want to update your password.
- Right-click on the ‘Name of your Charter Wireless Network’ and expand the options.
- From the expanded options, click on the ‘Properties’.
- On the ‘Properties’ window, navigate towards the ‘Security tab’ and click on it.
Remember to check the box that reads, ‘Show characters’ and choose the option to ‘Edit’ the Charter WiFi Password.
- Enter a ‘New Password’ for Charter Wireless Network and save the changes you have made by clicking on the ‘Done’ button.
Hope you could reset the password of your Charter WiFi. In case you use Windows 10, you can still follow the aforementioned steps in order to learn how to change my WiFi password on Charter.
How to Change Charter Wifi Password On Mac?
If you are a Macbook user and looking for the accurate steps of how to reset your WiFi name and password on Charter, then you must follow the enlisted steps:
- Start your Mac system and open the ‘Key-chain access’ application on your system with the help of the ‘Search tool’ or from the ‘Applications and utilities’ menu.
- Under the ‘Wireless Network’ details, check the ‘Password’ and ‘Username’ by clicking on the ‘Show password’ option.
- Here, enter the username and password of the Macbook and hit the button of ‘Allow’.
- Now, edit the Password tab with a new password and save the changes by clicking on the ‘Done’ tab.
After following the aforementioned steps, you must be able to learn how to change Charter WiFi password on Mac.
If you could not change your WiFi password with the help of any of the aforementioned methods, download the Spectrum application and learn the method of how to change Charter WiFi name and password on mobile phones.
How to Change Charter WiFi Password On Android?
To begin with this method, you must have the Spectrum application on your mobile phone. Now, learn the instructions mentioned below and learn how to change your WiFi name and password on Charter on a mobile phone.
In case you do not have the Spectrum app, download it by following the enlisted steps and then execute the how to change Charter WiFi password process.
- To download the Spectrum application, open the ‘Apple Store’ or ‘Google Play Store’ on your mobile and phone and click on the ‘Search bar’.
- Type ‘Spectrum Application’ and click on the ‘Enter’ button. Select the correct application from the best search results.
- Navigate towards the ‘Install’ and click on it to download the application.
- Once the application is downloaded, open it. Here, you will easily be able to access and change the WiFi password.
- To log into your Charter account, enter your email id or username or you can enter the phone number if it is associated with the account and provide the correct password.
- Hit the ‘Login’ button to access your Charter account.
- When you are on the Charter home screen and find the ‘Internet’ option and click on it to open.
- Here, choose and select the ‘Network name of the Charter Modem or Router’ as per your concern and right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Change Charter WiFi settings’ from the expanded options.
- At last, enter your ‘Old Charter WiFi password’ to verify, create a ‘New Password’ and hit the option of ‘Save’.
Now, access Charter wireless network services with all new passwords.
We hope that the aforementioned guide on how to change Charter WiFi password helped have all the answers to your questions. For any query related to Charter Email Login, don’t forget to leave a comment below. We will get back to you with a solution soon.