AOL email service is preferred by millions of people. It is known for its high-capacity inbox and offering an all-in-one experience through a host of features. If you are thinking of creating an AOL mail account, this guide will come in handy. In this article, you will be taken through the procedures of AOL mail account creation, AOL mail login, and reset AOL mail password. Besides, you will also learn what are the common AOL email issues and how to deal with them.
AOL Mail Account Creation: Quick Steps
To create a new AOL email account and avail its email services, follow the enlisted steps and register yourself:
- Launch any compatible internet browser on your regular device and enter www.aol.com in the URL bar.
- Once you are on the ‘AOL mail login site’, locate the ‘Login/ Join’ button from the upper-right corner of the screen and click on it.
- On the Login window, hover over the ‘Create an account’ option and click on it.
- Under the ‘Sign Up’ section, enter the following details one by one:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address – email@example.com
- Password – At least one upper case letter, lower case letter, number, and a symbol must be included in your AOL mail password. Be sure that it is unlikely to deduce the code.
- Phone Number – Select the Country Code at first and then write down your number.
- Birth Month, Day, and Year
- Gender (Optional)
- Now, on your screen, you will see a pop-up window that reads, ‘Verify your Phone Number’.
- Here confirm your ‘Phone Number’ and click on the ‘Text me a verification code’.
- Under the ‘Verify that you have this phone’, enter the ‘One Time Password’ you have received on your phone.
- Once the OTP is verified, you will see the ‘Welcome to AOL’ message: You can use this email to sign in to AOL anywhere’.
- Click on the ‘Done’ and proceed towards browsing your email account.
Congrats! Right after implementing the aforementioned steps, your AOL email account creation process will be completed and your newly created account is now ready to use.
AOL Mail Login: Quick Steps
For all the new users, the AOL email login process can be a bit confusing. To log into your AOL mail account conveniently, follow the steps mentioned below. The minimum requirements that you must keep in handy before applying the steps are:
- AOL email ID/ Phone Number.
- Any device with a strong internet connection.
- Head to the AOL.com login page via any web browser.
Note: If this is your regular device, you can also download the AOL application on your device for easy email access.
- Navigate towards the ‘AOL Login/ Join’ option.
- Enter the registered Username, email ID, or Mobile number in the required field and click on the ‘Next’.
- Under the ‘Password’ field, enter the correct code you set at the time of the Sign Up process.
- You can click on the ‘Eye’ button and verify if you are entering the correct email login password.
- Make sure the Caps Lock is Off and your password is not case sensitive.
- Click on the ‘Remember Me’ tab for an easy login process in the future. Then, click on the ‘Next’ tab to log in to your AOL account.
Welcome to your AOL email account! Now, access your emails and make the additional changes to personalize your email account. Remember, the AOL mail login process can be failed due to wrong login credentials. In case you have forgotten the password, read how to retrieve it.
Reset AOL Mail Login Password: Quick Steps
Users genuinely forgot their password and further failed to access the AOL email login. Don’t worry! AOL has quite an easy ‘Password Reset’ procedure. The below-mentioned steps will make the procedure even easier.
- Visit the AOL com login page under the ‘AOL Login/ Join’ section, your ‘Email Address’.
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab and under the ‘Password’ field, click on the ‘Forgot Password?’.
- AOL will confirm ‘Do you have this phone?’, the first and last two digits of your number will be shown, confirm your phone number and click on the ‘Yes, send me a code’.
- Now, check the ‘Code’ you have received on your registered phone number and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Under the ‘AOL Reset Password’ section, you will be allowed to create a new login password. Hence, enter the following:
- New Password
- Retype New Password
- After confirming your choice, hit the option of ‘Reset my AOL mail login password’ and finish recovering your account.
Still could not sign in to your AOL mail account? Perhaps, you must be entering the wrong code or you do not have access to your old mobile number. Don’t worry! We have another way to retrieve your AOL email password.
- Click on the ‘Another way to sign in’.
- On the next page, enter your ‘Additional email address’ in the required field and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Access the email account you mentioned in the aforementioned step and open the email received from the AOL mail services.
- Read the instructions and click on the link given below.
- On the AOL mail login reset page, follow the instructions prompted on your screen and provide the important information.
- Once, your verification is completed, enter a ‘New Password’ and re-enter the same to recover your AOL mail account.
At last, finish recovering your AOL account by clicking on the ‘Reset Password’ and get back to your email account in no time.
Some AOL Email Issues
At times, users face several issues while trying to log into their AOL mail accounts. Although most of the login issues can stem from password problems, many other potential reasons can trigger email problems. Let’s discuss the type of the AOL Mail Login issues and its reasons in detail.
AOL Mail Service Error
You may face an AOL mail service error during composing or replying to an email message. This error can be occurred due to an outdated browser, poor internet connection, and stuck cookies and caches in your browser. This error can also crash your AOL login site and blocks you from receiving and sending email messages. Before you face more issues because of this error, try the enlisted troubleshooting tips and deal with the AOL email login service error.
- Change Internet Browser settings.
- Enable the Protected Mode option.
- Launch Browser without Add-ons mode.
- Add AOL to the list of trusted websites.
- Update all the Bookmarks. Especially, AOL login page.
AOL Emails Not Loading
There are many reasons why your AOL emails are removed from your inbox. It could be because either the email messages are in the wrong folder or because of inactivity, your AOL mail account has been deactivated. Go through the enlisted tips and try them to fix the AOL email issue.
- Turn Off the blocking pop-ups option.
- Clean internet browser cookies and caches.
- Temporarily turn off or uninstall the Windows Firewall.
- Turn off the protected mode.
To learn the step-by-step methods of the aforementioned tips, contact our representatives.
AOL Mail Shutting Down
Your AOL mail page can go black or shut down suddenly because of the following reasons:
- You have mistakenly deleted your account.
- You have not used your AOL account for the past year.
- Your AOL account has been suspended.
You can cure the AOL mail login issues by following the enlisted tricks.
- Reset your AOL mail password.
- Switch to another internet browser.
- Update your browser.
To learn the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods in detail, contact our email experts.
Not Receiving Emails on AOL Accounts
At times, users are not able to receive an email message because of storage issues or wrong outgoing mail settings. Nonetheless, you can get the issues fixed just by trying the following tips:
- Delete the unwanted, old, and email messages with heavy attachments. After freeing up space, refresh your AOL mailbox and check if you are receiving an email message.
- Follow the AOL mail settings guide and reset the wrong incoming mail settings. Also, confirm your Account Type and enter the email settings as per the type (POP3 or IMAP).
So, these were some of the most common email issues faced by users while accessing AOL mail login or browsing their accounts. Hopefully, the quick fixes gave you an overall idea to deal with such problems.
After going through the entire guide, you have not only learned the AOL account creations, the AOL mail login process, how to reset its password, but also how to deal with some random AOL Sign in issues. If you are seeking any professional guidance, drop a comment and we will connect you to our tech experts.